SMPlayer changesVersion 18.1Version 17.12
- SMPlayer works again on Windows XP (32 bit packages only).
- Two new actions to take screenshots with or without subtitles (they only work when using mpv). Assigned by default to Ctrl+Shift+S and Ctrl+Alt+S.
- New action which displays the filename in the OSD for 2 seconds. Assigned by default to Shift+O.
- New option osd_bar_pos for smplayer.ini. It specifies the position of the OSD bar (0 = top, 100 = bottom).
- The support for DVD menus has been removed. It never worked well and also mpv already removed support for it a long time ago.
- The option to open an informative page after an upgrade has been removed.
- A crash that may happen on KDE when the global menus are activated has been fixed.
- Fix: SMPlayer won't cancel logout in KDE.
- The seek function in the MPRIS2 code has been fixed.
- The video equalizer by software has been fixed.
- The thumbnail generator is now more precise with short videos.
- The audio quality of the audio equalizer has been improved.
- The option "add black borders on fullscreen" has been fixed.
- The option "AC3/DTS passthrough over S/PDIF" has been fixed.
- New option in Preferences -> Network to select the preferred quality for streaming sites such as DailyMotion, Vimeo and so on (all those which are handled by youtube-dl).
- The audio equalizer is now disabled by default on Linux to prevent a no sound problem for users with old versions of mpv.
- Fix some problems with the letterbox filter (the 'add black borders' option).
- The HDPI support is now also enabled on the portable package for Windows.
- Fix: now the time is correctly displayed in the thumbnail generator pictures when SMPlayer is built with Qt 5.
- The deprecated video and audio filters have been replaced with new ones.
- The karaoke filter is available again.
Important Linux users may need to update mpv. More info.Version 17.9
- Now it's possible to the search for subtitles using the filename instead of a hash. [More info]
- Fix for the OSD when using SMPlayer with mpv 0.26.
- New audio filter for headphone optimization. [More info]
- Add some options to configure the conversion of srt subtitles to vtt for Chromecast (Preferences -> Network -> Chromecast), like the position of the subtitles on screen.
- Fix a crash that may happen in the playlist when trying to delete selected items.
Version 17.5Version 17.4.2
- Possibility to convert automatically subtitles in srt format to vtt when playing on Chromecast.
- New option (menu View -> OSD) to display the times with milliseconds.
- New fix for the thumbnail generator that works also with older versions of mpv.
- Bugfix: the position of the video is remembered when it's opened by drag & drop.
- The Windows installer won't install mpv on Windows XP since mpv is not longer compatible with Windows XP.
- New option to use the mplayer ffhevcvdpau decoder (Linux only).
- Avoid some crashes from mpv.
- The thumbnail generator has been fixed.
- Experimental support for subtitles for Chromecast. [More info]
- Bug fixes.